Can you match these frightful, spooky idioms with their meaning?
2. My old car finally gave up the ghost, so I’ll have to buy a new one.
3. When she saw the dark shadow in the in the moonlight, she was scared stiff.
4. What’s the matter? You look as if you’ve seen a ghost!
5. Oh, don’t be such a scaredy-cat. Nothing bad is going to happen.
6. That spooky old house gives me the creeps.
7. I wouldn’t do that if I were you. It will come back to haunt you.
8. No one lived there anymore. It was a ghost town.
be a mistake
make (someone) uncomfortable
make (someone) scared
very white, pale