|found pic @ prideinphotos|
2. Focus on one thing at a time and pick the next logical task – Ask yourself, “What can I do right now that will bring me one step closer to my desired goal?”
3. Educate yourself – What knowledge and skills are required to complete the task you chose in step #2? Keep it SIMPLE. Everything else can be learned along the way.
4. Start now – Why haven’t you started? START!!!
5. Say “NO” to distractions – Is the phone ringing? Door knocking? Dog barking? Unless the house is burning to the ground, IGNORE IT ALL!!!
6. Review and adjust – Are you making progress? If yes, see the next step. If not, why not? Are there any small adjustments you need to make?
7. Press on until the task is complete – Revisit steps #5 and #6 as required.
8. Repeat – Once the task you chose in step #2 is complete, it’s time to repeat all the steps for the next logical task. Revisit your goal in step #1 so it’s fresh in your mind, choose the next logical task, educate yourself as necessary.
Source: Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity